Laphroaig Quarter Cask Flapjacks
I spotted this wee recipe on the Laphraoig Facebook page. The recipe was hiding there and not very easy to find. I love the QC Laphroaig , it’s one of the better Islay drams you can get at a very reasonable price. It’s young kicking, and just as it should be. Super.
I think i am going to try this recipe this weekend. so i will be posting pics and my personal notes on it in a few day’s time.
50 gram. Butter
175 gram. Syrup
175 gram. Sugar
600 gram. Porridge Oats
75 ml Quarter Cask Laphroaig
- Melt Butter, Syrup and Sugar in a pan. Bring to boil for 20-30 seconds.
- Let mixture cool for around 30 seconds and add 50ml QUARTER CASK and mix well.
- Add the melted mixture to the Porridge Oats.
- Mix well until evenly mixed.
- Add the remaining 25ml QUARTER CASK and mix in
- Turn out onto a large baking tray and flatten out until even – flapjacks should be around 1cm thick
- Place in preheated oven at 170 C for 25-30 minutes.
- Take out of oven and cut into pieces. Remove from tray ONLY once cooled.